A Conference to Celebrate & Elevate the Power of Hip Hop (in) Education
Held at the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Thu, May 20|
Can't Stop Hip Hop: Moving Together
HipHopEX presents the 5th annual Hip Hop Conference at Harvard Graduate School of Education as a three-day virtual event!
Time & Location
May 20, 2021, 6:00 PM – May 22, 2021, 8:00 PM
About the Event
The HipHopEX Lab at the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE) is proud to present the 5th Annual Can't Stop Hip Hop Conference: Moving Together!
Hip Hop is ever innovative, even under pressure, and we want to spotlight amazing artists, educators, scholars, and organizers of all ages who are centering Hip Hop in how they embody this year's theme of Moving Together.
This multi-day event will take to the virtual streets to create a space for youth and adults to exchange, explore, and experience the different ways Hip Hop is keeping us connected and moving us forward at such a time as this. This year's conference features perspectives and innovation around four core themes:
- Next Movements - harnessing the power of Hip Hop for social transformations and civic engagement
- Money Moves - embracing the importance of financial literacy and community empowerment
- Moving Pictures - examining how Hip Hop has taken over screens, small and large
- Sustainable Moves - keeping it real by centering wellness and sustainability
- Wonderland film screening and panel discussion featuring Paul Willis
- 6-8PM EST
- The link to attend this event will be sent 1 hour before start time.
- An evening of performances and connection-making
- 7:00-9:30PM EST
- Featured performance & fireside chat with SAMMUS
- Performances by: Randy Mason, Beantown Lockers, & Elmer Martinez
- A day-long gathering with workshops, keynotes, and collaborative art-making
- 10AM-8PM EST*
- Keynote Cypher Discussion with Toni Blackman, Sekou Heru, & Manny Faces
- Complete line-up of confirmed presenters on website
THIS CONFERENCE IS FREE, but we encourage advanced registration as we may cap some sessions. (We also accept any donations to support HipHopEX's yearly educational programming and annual conference.)
Spread the word and register now!
For more information: email@example.com